If you see a water leak please contact our office at 805-528-9370.
Below is a link to our Water Shortage Contingency PlanWSCP-Matrix-8-30-23.pdf
Water Conservation is a Way of Life for Los Osos
On April 25, 2014 Governor Brown issued an Executive Order to Redouble State Drought Actions. In this order he states, "I call on every city, every community, every Californian to conserve water in every way possible." On July 8, 2021, Governor Newsom expanded the regional drought state of emergency to include San Luis Obispo County.
On April 2, 2015 the Los Osos CSD Board of Directors Declared a Stage III Emergency of the Districts Water Shortage Contingency Plan.
Los Osos is currently under a building moratorium with residents becoming more and more motivated to employ stringent water conservation measures.
Water Conservation Tips
to go to the California Drought Monitor Page and see the stage of drought our County and State is in.
Click the picture below to see the County's rain and stream monitoring gauges.
Clcik the Logo below to go to the State's Save Our Water Campaign
When purchasing water fixtures, look for the USEPA WaterSense Logo
Downloadable Pamphlets For Your Use:Reading Your Water Meter.pdfIdentifyingAndRepairingToiletLeaks.pdf
- Water-Wise Gardening
- Water Conservation Portal
- Tree Ring Irrigation Contraption from UC Davis
- Lawn Removal Video- "Lawn Be Gone" from the State Water Boards
- California Landscape Contractors Association
- Golden State Water Company - Conservation and Local Service Area Information
- Establishing a Water Efficient Landscape
- California Water Use Efficiency