California Remains in a Drought
Water Conservation is a Way of Life for Los OsosWater Shortage Contingency Plan Stage III Emergency
On April 25, 2014 Governor Brown issued an Executive Order to Redouble State Drought Actions. In this order he states, "I call on every city, every community, every Californian to conserve water in every way possible." On April 2, 2015 the Los Osos CSD Board of Directors Declared a Stage III Emergency of the Districts Water Shortage Contingency Plan.
Los Osos is currently under a building moratorium with residents becoming more and more motivated to employ stringent water conservation measures.
Here is a link to the County's rain and stream monitoring gauges.
Going on Vacation? Consider turning off the water at your house valve to prevent unexpected leaks.
Downloadable Pamphlets For Your Use:IdentifyingAndRepairingToiletLeaks.pdfResidential Water Use.pdfReading Your Water Meter.pdf
- Water Conservation Portal
- Drought Care for Trees
- Tree Ring Irrigation Contraption from UC Davis
- Lawn Removal Video- "Lawn Be Gone" from the State Water Boards
- California Landscape Contractors Association
- Water Use It Wisely - There are a number of ways to save water and they all start with you!
- Golden State Water Company - Conservation and Local Service Area Information
- Xeriscaping - Links to California Native Plant Society web site
- Establishing a Water Efficient Landscape