California Remains in a Drought
Water Conservation is a Way of Life for Los Osos
On April 25, 2014 Governor Brown issued an Executive Order to Redouble State Drought Actions. In this order he states, "I call on every city, every community, every Californian to conserve water in every way possible." On April 2, 2015 the Los Osos CSD Board of Directors Declared a Stage III Emergency of the Districts Water Shortage Contingency Plan.
Los Osos is currently under a building moratorium with residents becoming more and more motivated to employ stringent water conservation measures.
The County is responsible for the Los Osos Wastewater Project. A water conservation rebate program is available to all residents who will hook up to the Los Osos Wastewater Project.
Here is a link to the County's new rain and stream monitoring gauges.
Going on Vacation? Consider turning off the water at your house valve to prevent unexpected leaks.
The Los Osos Community Services District provides water conservation fixtures to the District's water customers. Stop by the office and pick up a 1.5 gallons per minute (gpm) high efficiency showerhead with on/off valve; a 1.5 gpm kitchen sink swivel aerator; packets of leak detection dye tablets for toilet tanks; a drip gauge cylinder to measure small drips; and a water saving garden hose nozzle. Pick up these items at the office on 2122 9th Street, Suite #102. The lobby is open from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday and from 9:00 am until 3:00 pm on Tuesday, Thursday.
Downloadable Pamphlets For Your Use:
- Turf Replacement Program from the State - Funding reservations are on a 1st come, 1st served basis for up to $2000 per household through state the state turf replacement program.
- How to Save Your Trees During a Drought
- Drought Care for Trees
- Tree Ring Irrigation Contraption from UC Davis
- Save Los Osos Water Web Site
- Save Los Osos Water Facebook Page
- Lawn Removal Video- "Lawn Be Gone" from the State Water Boards
- California Landscape Contractors Association
- Water Use It Wisely - There are a number of ways to save water and they all start with you!
- Golden State Water Company - Conservation and Local Service Area Information
- Xeriscaping - Links to California Native Plant Society web site
- Water-Efficient Landscaping: Preventing Pollution and Using Resources Wisely from the USEPA
- Establishing a Water Efficient Landscape
- The Water Cycle for Kids