Let's work on getting our daily household usage down to 50 gallons per person per day!
To calculate your average daily gallon usage over a billing cycle:
Take your usage (found on your water bill) and multiply by 748 gal/unit, then divide that number by 60 (days in billing cycle) to get your AVERAGE DAILY water use by gallon, then divide by the number of people in your home. For example:
15 units usage/consumption (found on your water bill)
15 X 748 = 11,220 gallons for the billing cycle
11,220 ÷ 60 = 187 gallons average daily usage
187 gallons ÷ # of people in your home = gallons per person per day2017 LOCSD Water Rate Chart.pdf
COUNTY REBATE PROGRAM
- $250 for high-efficiency toilets (1.28 gallons per flush or less) to replace 1.6 gpf toilets
- $450 for high-efficiency clothes washers (Tier 3 Water Factor 4 or less) [Rebate not retroactive for prior rebated or purchased appliances]
- $350 for hot water recirculating systems
- $40 for high-efficiency showerheads (less than 1.5 gallons per minute)
- $500 for complete graywater systems (note: repurposed septic systems can be used as part of a graywater system)
- $50 for laundry-only graywater systems
Visit the Los Osos Water Conservation Rebate Program for more details.
Unfortunately, rebates for low-water use landscapes and repurposing septic systems as a rainwater harvesting system were not approved. The Los Osos Basin Management Committee is continuing to find grant funding for water conservation measures to help maintain groundwater sustainability. You can contact your water provider to find out if other rebates are available.
To inquire about these rebates or schedule your pre-inspection to verify eligibility, please call County Public Works at (805) 788-6633.
For reference, here is a link to the County-wide Water Conservation website.